Saturday, September 28, 2013

Meet Mellow: The midget kitty

Hello again everyone! So as you see above there's a tab for Real Life posts and for the first one I'd like you to meet someone very special, a certain cute small lady called Mellow.




Mellow is an almost two year old cat that because of being left by her mother (and by that not have the milk and its proteins necessary to grow) will stay a bit midget alike forever. 
As some of you may know I'm a Portuguese girl that moved the Netherlands two years ago. I've found after a month a really beautiful house with a Deer Park nearby which I always liked (and still do) to visit. Well not so long after living here (I think actually less than a month) I've noticed there were strange noises going on in the park, that even scared the animals there and jumped all the time. It was so tiny and dark I thought it was a rabbit, but after visiting the park for a couple of days it was obvious that it was something else, well at least I never heard a rabbit mewoing so it was strange to me. 

It felt so strange, how such a tiny kitten (around three to four weeks) is all alone in a Deer Park and how the hell with less than a month can be so wild and survive from leftovers people would leave behind? 
My heart said I should check and study more the situation and that's what I did, every single day I went there to the point where I could see her more, feed her and see her playing with all the animals there but never ever get close, not even a bit. 
Damn such a tiny kitten all alone, I or someone else should take care of her, after all she's only a small baby! 
From all my visits I started to know the exact time the caretaker would come to feed all the animals and decided to talk with him about it - he didn't help much, at all to be honest. The only thing he said that was that I could take her if I'd call her outside the fence but that he thought she was way too wild for that to happen - well I didn't know that.
But being a stubborn Portuguese girl I saw the door open while he was feeding the animals and decided to try to get her.. well I think all the dutch people that saw it though I was a weird lunatic and the kitten ran so much full of fear that I didn't see her for two or three days.

Me and my boyfriend talked about it and we've decided it'd be good not to force anymore and wait for her to come to us, if she comes...
I continuing visiting her everyday, I took some nice meat and cheese which she loved so much and also I've decided to name her Mellow - she seemed such a cute sweet tiny kitten that the name seem to fit just perfectly.
There were some days she would not be there, others I'd call her name and she would come from the shed where the animals slept; I loved her and loved to be able to take care of her and give her a nice home but I didn't want to force her in it.

A month or more passed and I went to visit Portugal, to be with the family and take care of some issues, went Friday, came the other Friday.
Saturday I was in the Netherlands and as every time I need to leave my family I felt like utter shit, but even then I decided to go out, do some shopping and 'take' my boyfriend to work. After the shopping I thought lets visit the Park, it always makes me feel better and maybe I see Mellow so I did that , even when I was with my bike, purse and some shopping bags...The first thing I saw it was a small size trap next where she would sleep normally: let me tell you, from that moment on I didn't think in anything else but a way how to take her home immediately; I saw that trap as something that would might harm her and that god help me but I wouldn't allow such a thing to happen, not even if for a split second.
I didn't have sweeties nor anything like that that I could give to her so I just called her and kept calm (if she was I was nervous she would run away at once). She actually came and at once I said to her, I'm going to take you home today so we should work it out together.... And it's not that after two minutes she jumped out of the fence and stood next to my arms? It was so amazing and special that I stay stunned but I knew I needed to act fast before she would run away again.
I took her at once by the neck (like mother cats do, it doesn't hurt them in any way whatsoever but it'll keep them still) took my bike, took my purse, took my shopping bags and went straight home...which turned out to be one of the most weird moments of my life. People looked in a weird at me and I almost dropped everything at least 20  times in a four minute walk but hey I was able to reached the door of my house without a scratch...well scratches and destruction came later on, and in a massive scale.

Me and my boyfriend were extremely happy to have her here, such a tiny baby she was when we got her but she was so so wild, you have no idea. For at least two weeks she stayed under the couch, only going out when she would know for sure that we would be away or sleeping.

There was a lot of patience and love involved and in around 2 to 3 months she was able to walk through the whole house without being scared shitless....So many stories for only one post I may say!

Now you know a bit of her I'd like to introduce our sweet still wild cat Mellow, she loves caresses but if I sleep five minutes more she will bites my head: 


She's so pretty don't you think?! Also she eats like crazy (that's why she is a bit fatty, she is not too much cause she passes most of her awake time playing or running through the house trying to get flies and alike), not only food but everything she sees. She used to get food and the run away but now she prefers to eat around us.


Whenever I'm sick she will spend all the time with me and literally go anywhere with me then, as also sleep with me of course. In the winter specially she likes us to cover her with a nice blanket or just to sleep in the middle of us like a little baby.


But don't be fooled by her ladies and gents, she's still extremely wild, ask that to any birds that come to our balcony or the plants we own...oh wait you cannot ask that to them, they're all dead already!

  
Me minding my own business in Stardoll while the lady wants cuddles and nice talking. She will do anything to get her attention, anything! Also I think we've spoiled her too much anyhow, and she thinks she is human sometimes.

I don't know if some of you will like this post but I really felt nice to share some of her story with you, she was great cat that had a hard time in the beginning but now she is extremely happy and healthy.
I'd like to post some more of her stories (she's not boring, everyday it's an adventure) so let me know if you'd like to know more of Mellow and if you did like this post.

And now to end it in a good way my favorite pictures of her:




See you soon and have a nice weekend,
xxo
Cooldeer123 and Mellow









1 comment:

  1. Great story!! Mellow´s really cute, I admire your patience and hability to work such a relationship. I ´d love to hear more stories about her or Real life posts.

    ReplyDelete